Spring is the best time of year to carry out all your plumbing checks that you have put off during the cold winter months. Checking your household appliances, kitchen and bathroom could help prevent problems arising in the months to come. Below is a list of plumbing tips that may save you time and money in the future.
- Clean Gutters – Remove and leaves and debris from your gutters to ensure they are fully functioning. Here in the UK we often experience heavy rainfall during the spring so blocked gutters and drains can lead to water damage, leaks and mould.
- Check Heating Appliances – during the winter your boiler, gas fires and radiators have to work hard to keep your home warm, this can often lead to a reduction in their functionality or even leaks. It is important to get a gas safe engineer to check your heating appliances at least once a year. This can help protect you and your family form much worse problems such as carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Window and Door Seals – Go around your property and check all the window and door seals, the cold winter weather can often cause them to crack. Replace any damaged seals so that energy escape id=s reduced and ensure that your heating system can continue to run efficiently.
- Check Your Toilet – A cost effective and quick way to check your toilet for leaks is to add a bit of food colouring into your toilet tank. If after 30 minutes the colour shows in the bowl then this shows that you have a leak and it’s time to call out a plumber.
- Check for Leaky Taps and Shower Heads – You may not think it’s much of a problem and learn to live with a drip from your shower or tap however over time it results in a lot of waste water which has an impact on your water bills. So, any drips or leaks should be repaired at your earliest convenience to save you money in the long run.
If you are experiencing any plumbing problems, then contact JWC Plumbing & Heating for a fast and reliable 24 hour emergency plumbing service – 0151 345 4039