There are a lot of people out there that unfortunately, don’t understand the importance of annual boiler servicing, and it is because of this that they end up having to really fork out when something goes wrong. Anyone that already gets an annual boiler service will already be fully aware of the advantages however for those that don’t check out 6 of the most beneficial reasons to get an annual boiler service below.
6 Reasons For Annual Boiler Service
- Safety – The amount of people that end up in A&E with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning is shockingly high. Statistics from the department of health show that around 400 people a year are effected by carbon monoxide and around 50 people a year die from carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is and odourless, colourless and silent gas so, unless you have a working carbon monoxide alarm there is no way of you knowing its there until its too late. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include, nausea, headaches and breathlessness. So not only is it worthwhile investing in a carbon monoxide detector but it is also important to have your boiler serviced once a year to ensure your gas appliances are all in good working order.
- Avoid Breakdowns – During an annual boiler service all components of the boiler will be checked to make sure that they are working correctly and efficiently, any necessary repairs will be made. This goes a long way towards preventing boiler breakdowns that can leave you without heating and hot water and even needing a new boiler.
- Save Money – Having an annual boiler service can help towards saving money on your energy bills. A boiler that is serviced regular is more energy efficient, faulty boilers burn more fuel and can cause bills to sky rocket. To help keep your bills down get a gas safe registered engineer to come and service your boiler at least once a year.
- Help The Environment – As mentioned in the last point a boiler that is regularly serviced runs much more efficiently burning less fuel which in turn goes a long way to reducing the carbon footprint.
- Valid Warranty – Most boiler manufacturers will require you to have your boiler serviced annually in order to keep the warranty valid. If you fail to have an annual boiler service and your boiler breaks down after two years then you will not be entitled to a free repair as you didn’t comply with the manufacturers requirement. This could be a very costly mistake!
- Landlords – This point is only applicable if you are a landlord. The landlord and Tenant Act 1985 state all landlords must ensure an annual gas safety check is carried out at their tenanted property, this includes the boiler and all gas appliances. Copies of certificates and documentation must be given to tenants at the beginning of their tenancy. When it is you own home having your boiler serviced is a choice you can make however in rental properties it is the law.